Introduction to R for Data Science (August 2017)
Monday, July 31, 2017 - Sunday, August 27, 2017
In today\u2019s data-driven world, it\u2019s vital that everyone can analyse the data that pervades across all disciplines.
This online course will introduce you to the fundamentals of the R platform, laying the foundations for anyone who wants to begin studying data science and its applications. We will emphasize first principles and prepare you to take more advanced data science courses, such as machine learning or computational statistics.
- Downloading, installing, and using the R platform, including RStudio
- Importing and visualizing data
- Concepts from R, including vectors, functions, data.frames, strings, dates, and lists
- Transforming, cleaning, and verifying data
- The suite of apply functions
- Case study of ASA DataExpo 2009 "Airline on-time performance"
Event Link: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/data-science