Industrial Partners Program
- through our Industrial Partners Program, the SOI facilitates seamless
flow of knowledge, technology and personnel from academia to the marketplace.
With leading academic institutions, we provide opportunities for you
to solve fundamental challenges within your enterprise. Partners benefit
from substantial leveraging of their investment and can our researchers
undertake industrially sponsored projects of a proprietary as well as
non-proprietary nature. Our researchers' breadth and depth of expertise
provides a strong basis for deep engagement with your research and development
efforts. The Industrial Partners program provides mechanisms for flexible
yet focused collaborations with small, medium and large organizations.
We offer a low barrier of entry, allowing you to engage at desired levels
and with specific research groups within the center.
Join Us - Through the unique but complementary perspectives of and skill sets of industry and academia, our Industrial Partners Program accelerates the movement of ideas into the marketplace. With private resource and market guidance, our researchers can expedite discoveries, allowing your company to glean timely and commercially relevant technologies. Specifically, we offer:
- Opportunities to Shape our Research Agenda: We strongly believe in the role of industry in shaping research directions, providing suitable context for results and offering real-world data on which to validate methods and models.
- Access to considerable Intellectual Resources: Our center brings together leaders in various sub-disciplines of the science of information. Corporate partners will be invited to annual meetings, where they will engage with researcher at the forefront of the discipline.
- Access to Well-Qualified Students and Researchers: The center supports more than 50 graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. Corporate partners will have access to these students through various mechanisms.
- Externship and Researchers in Residence Programs: We provide physical facilities for hosting corporate representatives who want to work closely with our researchers.
- Access to Highly Qualified and Diverse Research Pool: Fostering diversity, both in terms of personnel, as well as interdisciplinary research area is a major goal for the center.
Technical Scope - The center for Science of Information focuses on the following core technical problems, all of which can be incorporated into industrial partnerships:
- Next Generation of Information Science: Development of formal models, methods, abstractions and analyses, integrating aspects of space (spatial localization), time (real-time constraints), structure (interactions, physical properties), context (situational information), semantics (meaning of information) and resources (sender/receiver capabilities and resources).
- From Data to Information and Knowledge: Extracting information form large datasets, its representation, manipulation, obfuscation and translation to actionable knowledge.
- Architecting Future-Generation Communication Systems: Methods for efficient integration of diverse communicating entities (from nanoscale sensors to large servers) into large-scale heterogeneous networked environments.
- Applications of Science of Information: Models and methods for analyzing diverse datasets in life-sciences (genomes, expression, interactomes, phenotypes and beyond), physical sciences (reaction networks and physical properties), economics (transactions and the value of information) and other applications in natural and engineered systems.
- Future Generation Information Processing Systems: Emerging topics in quantum information theory, quantum error correction and fault tolerance, and its realization.
If you are interested in any of the
opportunities here, or you would like to customize a partnership to
fit your company's needs, please contact us today:
Industrial Partner Contact:
Bob Brown, Managing Director